Vegan French toast, does that even exist? OMG, yes you guys it does! Aren’t you happy now? Well I was when I tried this.
I was craving French toast all of a sudden. Don’t ask my why; but I did haha. But I’m trying to eat vegan as much as possible, so no eggs for me. How does this work then, you ask? Get ready, because you def don’t need them. It’s one of the easiest recipes I ever made!
- 2 tbsp Flour (any kind, I used spelt)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 120-150 ml Almond milk (or any other dairy-free milk)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Oil (any kind)
- 2 Slices of bread
- Soy yogurt
- Maple syrup
- Whisk together the milk, cinnamon, flour, vanilla & the salt on a deep plate. Make sure to use a plate that big enough for your slices of bread.
- Heat up a skillet and put in the oil. Make sure it’s warm!
- Now dip your slices of bread one at a time in your mixture. Let it soak up the mixture on both sides.
- Place your bread in the skillet, watch till it browns a bit and flip it over on the other side. Let it sit for a minute (or two).
- Repeat with the other slice of bread.
Cut the slices in half; lay them down on a plate. Top with fruit, yoghurt and a drizzle of maple syrup! Time to enjoy!