Buddha bowl? What the heck is a freakin’ Buddha bowl?
Well I didn’t know it either, but the bowls were looking so good, it was time to make one of my own!
Buddha bowls are healthy, filling dishes made in big bowls (dûh) with greens, veggies, protein, healthy grains and toppings. And there’s no right or wrong way to make it. You can make it your own, with all the ingredients you like. How easy is that? But I will show you what my perfect Buddha bowl looks like.
Ready? Here it comes!
- Roasted sweet potato:
- ½ Sweet potato
- Spices: paprika, garlic, pepper, salt
- 1 can Chickpeas
- Spices: garlic, paprika, cumin, pepper, salt
- 10 mushrooms
- Soy sauce
- Maple syrup
- 1/2 Avocado
- ½ can Black beans
- 2 Tomatoes
- 50 gr Sweet potato buckwheat noodles King Soba (gluten free)
- Edamame beans
Lets start with the roasted sweet potato and the chickpeas.
- Cut the sweet potato in cubes, drizzle them with a bit of oil.
- Spice them up with some salt, pepper, paprika powder & garlic powder.
Airfryer: Roast the potatoes for 13-17 min, 200 Celsius.
Oven: Roast the potatoes for 25-30 min, 175 Celsius.
Make sure to shake the pan.
- Drain the chickpeas from the liquid and rinse them with water.
- Pat them dry with a paper towel, if you see some lose skins. Get rid of them.
- Drizzle them with some oil. Flavor them with salt, pepper, cumin, paprika powder & garlic powder.
Airfryer: Roast the chickpeas for 12-15 min, 200 Celsius.
Oven: Roast the chickpeas for 20-30 min, 200 Celsius.
Make sure to shake the pan. You will have some leftovers. YUM!
While they’re roasting you can start with the noodles, edamame beans & the mushrooms.
Sweet potato noodles:
- Cook the noodles followed the instructions on the package.
- Put some edamame beans in a bowl, pour some boiled water in the bowl. And let it sit for a couple minutes.
- Clean the mushrooms, slice them up.
- Heat a skillet and put some oil in it. Put in the mushrooms; let them sit for a couple of minutes.
- Put in some ketchup, soy sauce and maple syrup. Toss the mushrooms in it and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
Drain and rinse the black beans, cut the tomatoes in cubes. Slice your avocado and cucumber. Wash your lettuce.
Now you’re ready to assemble your bowl!
Put in the sweet potato cubes and the black beans, put your noodles next to it. Then you will have some roasted chickpeas, edamame beans and the teriyaki mushrooms. Put your lettuce leaves on the side; lay your tomato cubes in the middle. Now add your slices cucumber and avocado.
And your delicious healthy vegan gluten free Buddha bowl is done!