I love curries and I know my boyfriend even more. So it was time to make a curry. This time a bit different, because I eat vegan most of the time. So I had to make some adjustments, but I think I made a pretty good one.
Pineapple in a savory dish? Yes it’s possible. And yes I’m one of those people that also loves pineapple on a pizza. But this is totally different! My boyfriend even liked it and he doesn’t like pineapple on a pizza. So now you have to try it!
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 5 Tomatoes diced
- 1 can Tomato puree
- 6 tbsp Curry paste (heaping)
- ½ Fresh Pineapple
- Vegan ‘kipstuckjes’ (Vivera) – Chicken (if not vegan)
- Frozen Peas
- Start with cooking your noodles or rice, whatever you’re eating.
- Now fry up your vegan ‘kipstuckjes’ or chicken, put in the tomato puree and curry paste. Stir and let it sit for a couple of minutes, make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Put in the diced tomatoes.
- Rinse and drain your chickpeas, put in the pan, stir and let sit for a couple of minutes again.
- Now put in the coconut milk, let it boil and put the heat to medium/low. Let it simmer till it thickens a bit and had the consistency to your liking.
- If you want you can spice it up a bit, with for example; paprika powder, garlic powder, cumin, pepper, salt, chili, turmeric etc.
- Put the heat to low and put in the frozen peas and fresh pineapple. Let this simmer for a couple of minutes and your Vegan Pineapple Curry is done!
And you’re ready to eat!