I’m so eggcited, I just can’t hide it! Haha okay, this one is too corny. I will stop! But you gotta have some eggs during Easter weekend right? What are you gonna eat when you’re vegan?! Well this!
I finally managed to make an omelette with tofu! It takes some practice and patience, but it worked eventually haha. And if it doesn’t work, you can always make scrambled tofu with this recipe. Like I do 9 times out of 10 haha. Omelettes and I are not the best friends, but it’s all about the taste right?!
So here it goes:
- 150 gr Silken tofu
- 1 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp Corn starch
- 1 tbsp (Almond) milk
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Paprika powder
- Salt & peper to taste
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat up a skillet, put in oil and let it heat up.
- Pour in the tofu mixture and spread out with the back of a spoon. Be gentle.
- Turn the heat to medium/low. Let it cook for about 5 min. The bottom should be golden with brown spots and the top should be ‘dry’ and set.
- Gently put it on a plate and fill up with whatever you like. My add ins were: lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper and teriyaki mushrooms.