It’s almost time for Kingsday in Holland; we celebrate the birthday from our King pretty big! So I had to make an orange recipe. If you don’t know why, just Google Kingsday Holland and you’re gonna know why haha.
I had a ton of cashew nuts and finally thought of the recipe I was gonna use this for. I wanted to make these kind of bars for a long time, ‘cause I really like cashew cream. But never ‘made’ anything with it. So this was the perfect excuse to make these bars. Added a little bit of orange for the occasion of course, but that only makes these bars more YUM!
Get ready for the recipe!
Serving 6 bars
- 50 gr Ginger cookies (Speculaas) (Glutenfree)
- 40 gr Dates (in little pieces)
- 1 tbsp Melted coconut oil
- 125 gr Cashew nuts
- 70 ml Soy milk
- 1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp Vanilla powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Mango
- 3 Frozen strawberries
- Put the cashew nuts in a bowl with water and let them soak overnight. (in the fridge)
- Put the cookies in a blender and blend very fine.
- Add the dates and the coconut oil and blend.
- Press the crust into a parchment lined pan. Place this in the freezer.
- Drain your cashews and put in a blender with the milk, maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Make sure there are no lumps in there. And pour this into a bowl.
- Clean your blender and blend the mango with the strawberries. Blend half of this smoothie with half the amount of the cashew cream. It should look a little bit orange.
- Pour this mixture on top of the crust and put back in the freezer until set. About 45 min.
- Now pour the rest of the cashew cream on top of the other layer. Use rest of the smoothie to swirl a bit of orange on top.
- Put back in the freezer for about 3 hours. Take it out, slice and eat!