What the hell, savory pancakes?! Little bit of a trend going on in the Netherlands with trying to eat more veggies. So why not incorporate them in things we already eat. Good thinking, right?
Pancakes are one of my favorite things to eat, so this was the first thing I came up with to incorporated veggies. You can eat them for breakfast, lunch or even dinner with a salad as a side. So actually you could eat them all day, everyday the whole day. If you would want that! Haha.
Well okay, here’s the recipe.
- 110 gr Oatmeal
- 2 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 1 Flax egg
- 150 gr Zucchini
- 100 gr Carrots
- 175 ml Dairy free milk
- Start with making oat flour from your oats; put it in a blender and blend till it resembles flour.
- Now put the nutritional yeast, baking soda, baking powder and the pepper & salt with the oat flour and stir until fully incorporated
- Make the flax egg; put 1 tbsp flaxseed with 2/3 tbsp water in a bowl and let it sit.
- Grate your zucchini and carrot and put in a bowl. Add the milk, flax egg and oat flour mix and mix well.
- Heat up a skillet, put in some oil and 1-heaped tbsp of the pancake batter. Flip carefully when the top looks dry and bake for another minute or two. Repeat with rest of batter.
- Stack on top of each other, top with yoghurt and nutritional yeast!
Time to eat!