This recipe was not planned; we just decided to eat burgers one night. And I came to the conclusion we didn’t have any burgers for me. (The BF eats meat) So what was the solution? Make burgers from everything I could find in the fridge and pantry.
I do my groceries on Mondays and this was on a Sunday. So yeah, it was a bit hard haha. I luckily had some leftover veggies and we always have enough cans of beans in the pantry for a whole year. Okay that’s a bit exaggerated haha, but you know what I mean! And I did managed to make some pretty awesome burgers, if I say so myself
Ready to make some burgers?!
- 150 gr Zucchini (grated, 80 gr after squeezing out all the water)
- 65 gr Carrots (grated)
- 100 gr Mushrooms (diced)
- 90 gr Oats
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 can Cannellini beans (400 gr)
- Heat up a skillet and add in some oil. Toss in the grated carrot and zucchini and cook for about 3-5 min.
- Add in the diced mushrooms, cook for another 5 min. Make sure all the mushrooms are cooked and the veggies are mixed properly.
- Turn of the heat and let the veggies cool off.
- In the meanwhile; put the oats in a blender to make oat flour. Add in the spices and mix.
- Put the veggies into to bowl with the oat mixture and stir till it’s all mixed.
- Mash up the white beans and add to the mixture and combine.
- Divide the mixture into 4 balls and shape into a burger shape.
- You can cook the burgers in a skillet (about 5-7 min total), throw them on the bbq (same as the skillet) or even bake them in a air fryer (175C 10-12 min)