It sounds a bit weird maybe, but the silken tofu in this recipe really makes the pancakes smooth and fluffy. You can use the tofu as an egg replacer, so the mixture binds. The recipe is vegan and you take in some extra protein!
I can’t take all the credits for this, I was inspired by Jacky Nobels. She made a delicious silken tofu pancake recipe with avocado and I thought; I want this too!But I made mine a little bit sweeter and added chocolate chips. Because there’s no better way to start your day, than with chocolate!
- 115 gr Spelt flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 225 gr Silken Tofu
- 100 ml Soy milk
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 50 gr chocolate chips
- Add the spelt flour, baking powder and salt to a mixing bowl and mix.
- Put the silken tofu, soymilk, oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a blender and blend until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Pour the tofu mixture in the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Heat up a skillet and put in some oil.
- When oil is hot, pour in a big spoon full of the pancake mixture and sprinkle some chocolate chips on top. When the top looks a bit dry, flip over and bake for another minute. Repeat with rest of the mixture.
Stack them up, drizzle with nut butter and more chocolate. Add some banana and you’re ready to eat!