Well, this recipe did not go as planned haha. The plan was to make waffles out of this recipe, but that didn’t work so well. The waffles got stuck in the waffle iron, but I don’t want to throw out food. Especially when it tastes good and yep even though the waffles were not waffles. The taste was pretty awesome.
And what more can you make with a batter? Pancakes! So that was the next step and they turned out pretty good. Maybe next time it will work with the waffle iron, but pancakes are a delicious breakfast as well. So why don’t you try them?
- 2 Flax eggs
- 100 gr Sweet potato (mashed)
- 90 gr Oats
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 250-300 ml Dairy free milk
- Pinch of salt
- First make the flax eggs: put 2 tbsp of flaxseed with 4-5 tbsp of water in a bowl and let it sit.
- Put the sweet potato, oats, baking powder, vanilla, milk and salt in a blender and blend until combined.
- Add in the flax eggs and mix well with a spoon.
- Heat up a skillet and put in some oil.
- Pour 1 big spoon of the pancake mixture in the pan and wait until the top starts to look a bit dry. Flip it over and bake for another minute or two. Repeat with rest of the batter.
Top of with fresh fruit, nut butter and some nuts & you can dig in!