Huh, another savory breakfast recipe from me? That’s weird haha. But sometimes I just crave something hearty and savory for breakfast. And I don’t want to grab a sandwich with hummus or something like that, so I figured out another vegan recipe that can replace an ‘egg breakfast’.
And as you can see tofu is not the only replacer for eggs, chickpeas are pretty good as well. So here you have another egg-free recipe for ‘scrambled eggs’. It’s an easy, nutritious breakfast with lots of protein and veggies. A pretty good way to start you day, I guess.
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- ½ Zucchini
- ½ Red bell pepper
- ½ Head of broccoli
- 15 Cherry tomatoes
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Paprika powder
- Pinch of Cumin
- Optional: Vegan cheese
- ½ Avocado
- Put the chickpeas in a blender and start blending. Maybe you need a little bit of water to get your blender started. Don’t blend it till smooth, its nice to have some pieces in it.
- Cut the zucchini, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes and broccoli in bite size pieces.
- Heat up a skillet and put in the veggies, sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Put in the chickpeas and all the spices. You can always use more or less to your likings.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes till all the veggies are warm, but not soggy. Add in the vegan cheese now, if using.
- Serve with half of the avocado and you’re done!
Veggies, vitamins, good fats and a delicious breakfast, what more do you want?