Welcome to our first Skin Food Sunday post. First I will first introduce you too Katie; she’s a Beauty therapist specialized in Skin-care. Katie and I have come together to share our food and skin love with you. We will share recipes and skin tips that we hope you will enjoy and try.
Glowing skin starts from the inside out. And eventually what we eat will show on our skin.
Blueberries Benefits for the skin
Blueberries are amazing for the skin. They are full of anti-ageing ingredients Vitamin A, B, C and antioxidants. If you suffer from acne, broken veins or an uneven skin tone, the vitamins and nutrients in blueberries will help your skin. Here are some more benefits for your skin;
- Blueberries increase the circulation in the body which helps skin glow and improves the appearance of broken veins.
- They contain powerful antioxidants that shield against harmful free radicals that can break down the collagen fibers that keep our skin firm. (Harmful free radicals cause the skin to age quicker)
- They are packed with Vitamin C- crucial for healthy collagen production. (the more firm and plump our skin is the less fine lines and wrinkles show)
- They help reduce inflammation in the body (great for sun damaged skin)
- Provides fiber in the body- this helps the digestive system, removing toxins from the body, which in return helps the skin function well.
- Helps fight acne- blueberries are high in salicylates, which is the salt from salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is one of the best ingredients in skincare products to decongest pores and kill bacteria in the skin.
- High in Vitamin A- another acne fighting ingredient and anti ager!
Blueberry Face Mask
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Natural yogurt
- Blend together and leave on the skin for 20 minutes.
- This mask will help to soothe and repair the skin.
Overnight Oatmeal Berry Smoothie
I love easy recipes. Especially when you can jump out of bed and eat them right away. As the title says it; you prep this breakfast the night before and the morning after you only have to top it with more delicious food. And you’re good to go baby!
- 120 ml Soymilk
- 30 gr Oats
- 40 gr Blueberries
- 40 gr Raspberries
- 5 gr Almonds
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Hemp seeds
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie in a bowl, cover it and let it sit overnight in the fridge.
- Next morning: Top with fresh berries, almond, granola and eat.