Time for the second post of SkinFood Sunday. This time we’re going to talk about avocado’s. Who doesn’t love them?! But what you maybe don’t know; they’re are awesome for your skin. Want to know why?
‘’A Healthy Outside starts with a Healthy Inside’’
Avocado Benefits for the skin:
Avocados are one of the best skin foods you can eat. They are full of healthy fats, vitamins B, C, E, and K, hydration, biotin, and anti ageing antioxidants. Eating them regularly will help to improve skin and hair from within. Here are a few more benefits for the skin:
– Healthy Fats:
Avocados are high in fat, and the majority of fat is oelic acid. This type of fat can help to reduce inflammation in the skin and body.
Avocados are high in vitamins, folic acid, magnesium and potassium which makes them perfect for healthy skin and collagen production. Protects the skin from wrinkles and damage caused by sun, smoke and pollution.
Antioxidants protect our skin cells from free radical damage. Free radicals are made in the body and can attack skin cells and break them down causing pre-mature ageing.
Avocados act as a humectant which means they draw water into the skin and plump it up. Giving it a more youthful complexion and reduce fine lines.
Avocado Face mask:
Hydrate, soothe and repair the skin.
– 1 Avocado
- Mash up 1 avocado and leave on the skin for 15-20 minutes.
Avocado Toast 3 Ways
No better way to eat your avocado on a slice of bread or on these cute little bread rolls. But there are so many options; maybe you don’t know what to put on it anymore. So I’ve got three delicious suggestions for you today.
- 3 Bread rolls (gluten free)
- ½ Avocado
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Strawberry
- Seed mix (pumpkin, sunflower & pine nuts)
- Hemp seeds
- Salt & pepper
- Slice the avocado in thin slices.
- Put a couple of slices on 1 bread roll and mash the rest of the avocado and put on top of the other bread rolls.
- Slice the tomato and put on 1 of the bread rolls with avocado
- Slice the strawberry and put on 1 of the bread rolls with avocado.
- Sprinkle the last bread roll with the seed mix.
- Now sprinkle the hemp seed on top of the strawberry and the salt & pepper on the other two bread rolls.
And that’s it! Go eat and enjoy!
Now what are you waiting for? Time to get glowing!