I know there are a lot of black bean brownie recipes and also vegan. But still I wanted my own recipe, because I like them so much. And I was thinking, what can I do to make mine different? Well, I’ve found the solution. I almost didn’t use any added sugar and put a swirl on top. With what ingredient? Go read on.
Okay, okay I will tell you. I made a swirl with a date caramel. Because the brownie it self doesn’t contains a lot of sweetness, it was necessary to put something sweet on top. No better ingredient than dates and because you can make a caramel with it. It made it even easier.
- I can Black Beans
- 2 tbsp Cacao powder
- 40 gr Oats
- Pinch of Salt
- 50 gr Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 2 tbsp Water
- 20 gr Dark chocolate chips
- 10 Dates
- 7 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Almond milk
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender, except the chocolate chips ands blend until a batter starts to form.
- Put the batter in a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Clean the blender and put in the ingredients for the date caramel and blend until smooth.
- Line an oven safe dish with baking paper and put in the brownie batter, swirl the date caramel on top.
- Bake for 40-45 min.
Now comes the hardest part; let it cool off. Then cut the slices and you can eat it right away! Best kept in the fridge.