You can never have enough recipes for banana bread. Okay, this is my first recipe for a ‘real’ banana bread. The last one was for these delicious banana muffins. But it’s the same same, right?!
I was prepping for after my surgery and I thought I have to have a good, healthy filling snack! And no better thing than banana bread; easy to make, delicious and it freezes well. So I have snacks for a little while now.
- 1 Flax egg
- 3 Bananas
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 135 gr Oat flour
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of salt
- 25 gr Cashew nuts
- Optional; half a banana
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and grease a loaf pan.
- Make the flax egg; put 1 tbsp flaxseed with 2 tbsp water in a bowl and let it sit.
- Mash the bananas in a big bowl; make sure there are no big lumps left.
- Add in the maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and flax egg. Mix this.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix gently, until just incorporated.
- Chop the cashews in little pieces and fold gently in to the batter.
- Pour in greased loaf pan and if using top with half banana.
- Bake for 25-30 min or until a toothpick comes out clean!
And you’re done! Ready to dig in, don’t eat it all in once!