My first plan was to make carrot cake pancakes, but they didn’t worked out as I had planned haha. Yes not everything goes right in my kitchen, more than you would think. Clumsy one over here, but I’m creative as well. And I’m def not a fan of throwing things out, so time for a change of plans!
The batter was really tasty (perks of making vegan recipes). The pancakes scrambled, but I could still taste the dough. And I thought it was pretty good, luckily for me I had a waffle iron at home. So waffles it is! Waffles are pancakes with abs right? Sorta, kinda of the same thing. Here we go.
- 1 cup Oat flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 2 tsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 3 tbsp Coconut (grated)
- 50 gr Carrot (grated)
- Heat up the waffle iron.
- Combine the flour, salt & baking soda in a big mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, maple syrup & coconut oil and mix till it’s a smooth consistency.
- Add the coconut and carrot. Fold in gently.
- Oil the waffle iron on both sides, put in a big spoon of the batter in it. Close and wait till the waffle is done.
- Repeat with rest of the batter.
Now top of with whatever you like. I topped mine with soy yogurt, nut butter, fresh fruit and toasted coconut!