Here we are again with Skin Food Sunday. Today we’re talking all things bananas. I will make it short this time; Let’s go BANANAS!
”Healthy food = Healthy mood”
Banana benefits for the skin:
Bananas are jam packed with antioxidants and powerful nutrients that are not only amazing for the skin but overall body health.
- Bananas are full of Potasium and Zinc – Which means they can help hydrate dehydrated skin and help fight cause acne causing germs.
- Full of Vitamins A, B, C – Heals dry skin, smoothes aging skin. Protects against free radicals and premature ageing. Helps in the production of collagen production.
- Contains Amino acids and Lectin – Strengthens connective tissue and helps maintain skin elasticity.
- Bananas contain 75% Water – They can keep the skin super moisturized and prevent it from peeling.
Banana Face Mask
– Repairs dry and damaged skin
– Leaves a natural youthful glow on the skin.
- Mash 1 banana to get a paste
- Apply to skin and leave for 25-30 minutes.
Banana Oat Cookies
Who doesn’t love cookies? I know I do. I could eat them all day, everyday haha. But that wouldn’t be the best thing for me. So I came up with the best solution; a healthy cookie. The one you can eat everyday, without “feeling guilty”. Yes, with little quotes around the words feeling guilty, ‘cause you should never feel guilty when eating a cookie!!
Serving 9 cookies
- 2 Bananas
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 60 gr Rolled oats
- 60 gr Instant oats
- 30 gr Dark chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- Mash the bananas; make sure there are no big lumps left. And stir in the vanilla.
- Add both of the oats and mix very well.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold them in carefully.
- Make 9 little round cookies on a baking paper lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle a little bit of salt on every cookie.
- Bake the cookies for about 12-15 min.
Have patience and let them cool completely, haha. Now go and eat!
(Keep in fridge!)
And Glow Glow Glow!