Yes it’s the 12th of September today. So that means it is my BIRTHDAY! I’m turning one year older today. Okay, okay I will tell you; I’m now 27. But you’re never too old to get treats right? So it was time for a little bit “naughty” recipe today! Because birthday calories don’t count!
And it was time for: DONUTS baby! What better way than to celebrate my birthday with cute little round cakes with chocolate and sprinkles? Well okay, of course you can have a huge cake. But these are the cutest I’ve ever made and they taste just like heaven! (Okay, I’m a little bit exaggerating, but I’m just happy and they’re delicious!)
Serving 12-14 donuts
- 90 gr Oat flour
- 1½ tsp Baking powder
- 70 ml Almond milk
- 1 Banana (85 grams)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil (room temperature)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 20-25 gr Dark chocolate
- Put oat flour and baking powder in a big bowl and mix.
- Add in the milk and mix.
- Mash the banana till there are no big lumps left and add to the mixing bowl.
- Add in the maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla and mix till it’s fully incorporated.
- Heat up a donut maker and put in a spoonful of the batter in each mold.
- Bake and repeat with rest of the batter and let them cool a bit.
- In the meanwhile put the chocolate in a microwave save bowl and microwave in intervals of 1 minute until it is melted.
- Dip on of the donut in the chocolate, put on a plate and sprinkle the sprinkles on top.
- Let them cool off completely till the chocolate is hard again.
Not gonna warn you not to eat them all, because…. Birthday calories don’t count!