My BF was craving lasagne, so it was time for me to come up with one for myself as well. As you may know or maybe not. I cook 2 different meals every night; 1 for the BF and 1 for myself. I try to use as many of the same ingredients for both, so that’s why you’ll find ½ amounts of things in the ingredients, sorry! Then I add meat, cheese and hot spices for him and for me (extra) veggies and vegan cheese, if using.
Now about this recipe; this is of course my version of the lasagne. It wasn’t really hard to come up with one for myself actually. I love veggies and putting them in the oven with pasta and cheese can only make them taste better, right?! Well, at least that’s what I thought haha. So here is my first ever vegan lasagne recipe.
- 2 Sweet peppers
- 2/3 Zucchini
- 35 gr Tomato Puree
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Paprika Powder
- ½ can Tomato Cubes
- Lasagne sheets (Gluten free if necessary)
- Vegan Cheese
- Heat up oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Cut peppers in half, deseed and grill in air fryer for 7 min on 200 degrees Celsius. (On a grill is possible as well)
- Heat up a grill, coin zucchini and put on the grill.
- Heat up a skillet, put in some oil and let it get warm. Put in the tomato puree and spices, sauté for a couple of minutes. Don’t let it burn
- Add in the tomato cubes, let sit for 5 min on low heat. Taste and add seasoning to your likings.
- Grab an oven safe dish, put in one spoon of the sauce. Spread it all over the bottom and lay one layer of lasagna sheets on top. I had to break mine and used 1 ½ for each layer. It will depend on how big your dish is.
- Now put another layer of sauce on top, add 1 layer of peppers, sprinkle some cheese on top and top off with another layer of lasagna sheets.
- Now put a layer of sauce, zucchini and cheese on top. Repeat with the rest; make sure the top layer is sauce and cheese.
- Put in oven for 20-25 min.
Let it cool a bit, otherwise you’re gonna burn your tongue for sure. I may or may not speak from personal experience, haha.