I was really craving meatballs, like a big bowl of pasta with meatballs. So it was time for me to figure out, how I was gonna accomplish just that. Really needed to think what I was going to use as a replacement for the meat. Because the ‘vegan’ minced meat is not usable for making balls.
Then I started to think, what I normally use as a replacement for meat/protein in my meals. And one of the first things I was thinking of was; beans! And in specific chickpeas. I love chickpeas they’re so versatile. They will take up any flavor you add to them. So after a few tries, this is definitely the best version!
- 2 Flax eggs
- 1 can Chickpeas (540 gr -> 400 gr)
- 3 Sundried Tomatoes
- ¼ tsp Paprika powder
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 20 gr Oat flour (Oats blended in a blender)
- Make flax eggs; put 2 tbsp flaxseeds in a bowl with 5-6 tbsp and let it sit.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. If you’ve the patience, try to get rid of as much of the skins.
- Put the chickpeas in a blender and blend. It’s okay to have a little bit of pieces left. Put in a bowl.
- Dice the sundried tomatoes and add to the bowl with chickpeas.
- Add all the spices, you can add more/different spices if you want too. You can taste the mixture, ‘cause no eggs!
- Add the oat flour and flax eggs. Mix till it’s fully incorporated.
- Roll balls from the mixture.
- Bake in the airfryer on 200 degrees Celsius for 10 min. (Oven: 12-15 min 200 degrees Celsius)
Serving suggestion: delicious with a big bowl of pasta, tomato sauce and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast. Like in the picture below!