Welcome back to Skin Food Sunday. This week we are talking about Cucumbers. The saying ‘Cool as a cucumber’ is spot on. Cucumbers are known to cool the body; they are made up of 96% water which make them SUPER for the skin.
Cucumber Benefits for the Skin:
- Cucumbers are full of water so they feed the skin lots of hydration.
- They have a lot of fiber that helps the digestive system. Healthy digestion = a healthy skin.
- Cucumbers Help prevent inflammation in the skin and body.
- They are made up of skin loving ingredients such as; Biotin (skin and hair hero), Vitamin A (normalizes skin cells), Vitamin B (helps retain moisture), Vitamin C (stimulates collagen production), Potassium (prevents dry skin)
Cucumber Eye Mask:
Apply 2 slices of cool cucumbers from the fridge over the eyes for 15-20 mins
- Hydrates and decreases the puffiness around the eyes.
- Increases the circulation.
- Helps Dark circles and tired eyes
Your eyes are going to thank you for this little tip!
Cucumber Roll Ups
This is really one of my easiest recipes ever. I don’t even know if you can call this a recipe. These cute bites are good for every moment. You can serve this as part of a tapas night or just to make your daily snack more fun to eat.
Serving 5 rolls
- 1/3 Cucumber
- 3 small Carrots
- ¼ Red sweet pepper
- ¼ Green bell pepper
- 20 gr Hummus
- Make thin slices of the cucumber with a vegetable peeler or cheese slicer.
- Cut the carrots and peppers in long strips.
- Spread the hummus on top of each strip of cucumber.
- Divide the slices veggies over the cucumber strips and roll up.
And you’re done baby!