Nuts are the perfect snack, if you ask me. I love to take just a handful of nuts everyday. You’ve to watch out not to overeat, because they do contain a lot of calories. But if you can keep it within the limits, they’re a good addition to your daily food intake. They contain a lot of protein and good fats!
Normally I just take a handful of raw cashews, because I really like the taste of them. But I wanted to have something different, so I thought; why not make a delicious mix of nuts with herbs and seeds. And this is what I came up with. Well okay, these are the things I had in the pantry haha.
Serving 1 big jar
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 100 gr Raw cashews
- 100 gr Raw almonds
- ¼ tsp Rosemary
- 1 tbsp Black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp White sesame seeds
- Heat up a skillet and add the maple syrup, coconut oil and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the nuts and roast for 5-8 minutes on medium heat. Make sure not to burn them and keep stirring.
- Lower the heat; add the rosemary and the sesame seeds. Roast for another 1-2 minutes. Put on a baking sheet and let cool for 1 hour.
And then you got your delicious nuts. Keep in a sealed jar.