I had a pretty good amount (600 gr) of tofu that was close to the expiration date. Yes I’m that kind of person that thinks they remember the date and when they check it’s the wrong date, haha. And I’m also that person that doesn’t likes to throw away food, so it was time to make a recipe with it.
One piece I used in a curry and then I was still left with 400 gr of tofu. But then I remembered a recipe I had seen a while ago. You can use tofu as a good replacement for eggs. This was the first thing that came to me with the amount I had to use. And I think they turned out pretty awesome, really close to an eggy consistency.
Serving 12 Frittatas
- 400 gr Tofu
- 200 ml Almond milk
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- ¾ Grilled sweet Pepper
- 3-4 Sundried Tomatoes
- 140 gr Corn
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- Put tofu, almond milk and the spices in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour in a big bowl
- Quarter cherry tomatoes and cut up the sweet pepper and sundried tomatoes.
- Add to the bowl and corn too. Mix well.
- Grease in a muffin tin. Divide the batter over the 12 muffin forms.
- Bake for 30-35 min. Let cool off and take them out.
Eat as a pre workout snack, post workout meal, breakfast or lunch. Or whenever you want haha. Keep in fridge!