Who doesn’t love Rocky Road? I don’t know anybody who doesn’t love it. But in the Netherlands it’s not a real big thing. It’s not like you can get it in every supermarket or bakery. I know I always liked the look of it, so it was time to make it myself.
Of course the real Rocky Road contains small delicious marshmallows, but they’re not vegan. And it is a bit hard to find vegan marshmallows in the Netherlands, so I had to come up with something different. I made these a little bit healthier as well, so you can enjoy these everyday if you want too.
- 40 gr Raw almonds
- 40 gr Raw cashews
- 20 gr Wholegrain rice puffs
- 60 gr Skittles
- 40 gr Dark Chocolate (Tony’s Chocolonely)
- Toast the nuts in a dry pan until golden brown.
- Put in a mixing bowl with the rice puffs and skittles
- Melt the chocolate au bain marie or in the microwave.
- Let it cool a bit and add to the mixing bowl. Mix until everything is covered with the chocolate.
- Scoop out a spoonful of the mixture and put on a plate lined with baking paper. Repeat with the rest of the mix.
- Put in fridge until the chocolate is set.
And you’ve your vegan rocky road clusters. Dig in and save something for later or not haha.