I love Halloween and I’m still disappointed it’s not a real holiday in the Netherlands. Luckily it’s getting bigger and bigger every year, but I’m too old to go trick or treating haha. But now we can have parties and have Halloween inspired food. So yes; it was my duty to make a Halloween inspired pizza this year.
I combined my love for skulls, Disney and food in one recipe. What better thing than to eat pizza with an awesome design on it?! I don’t know. And it’s delicious too, so it’s a win-win recipe for sure. I had to think real hard to make something that hasn’t been done before with this haha. But in the end it worked out pretty good.
- 1 Pizza base (Magioni cauliflower)
- 75 gr Pumpkin puree
- 3 Vegan cheese slices
- 50 gr Black bean spread
Black bean spread:
- 1 can Black beans
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- ¼ tsp Paprika powder
- ¼ tsp Curry powder
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius. This depends on what pizza base you’re using.
- Spread the pumpkin puree on top of the pizza base and put on some slices of vegan cheese, so that the base is covered.
- Bake for 10 min the oven. (Depends on the pizza base you are using)
- In the meanwhile make the black bean spread: Drain the black beans and rinse.
- Heat up a skillet and put in a little bit of oil, add in the black beans and all the spices. Let it sauté for a bit.
- Now mash the beans with a fork in the pan, the longer they’re in the skillet; the softer they get. Take the pan of the heat.
- Take the pizza out of the oven; make the Jack Skellington face with the black bean spread on the pizza. And put back in for about 2 mins.
This is your Disney Halloween inspired pizza!