On this week Skin Food Sunday we are talking all things Oats. We know they are super for your body and keeping you full. But did you they have amazing benefits for the skin?
Oat Benefits for the skin:
- Calms Inflammation:
Oats contain zinc that helps in healing inflamed skin like acne and rosacea.
- Soothes Sensitive Skin:
The proteins in oats help maintain the skins natural barrier and protect it from harmful chemicals and pollutants.
- Moisturizes Skin:
Oats contain polysaccharides, which form a protective layer on the skin and prevent it from moisture loss. The healthy fats found in oats help to rejuvenate skin cells and moisturize them.
- Dry and Itchy Skin:
The sugars and fat in oats can relieve your skin from feeling uncomfortable. Soaking in a bath with oats added can be great for dermatitis or eczema on the skin.
Oat Face Mask:
– All skin types, especially dry, irritated skin.
-Mix 1 tablespoon of oats with luke warm water and honey.
-Apply to skin and leave for as long as possible. Remove with luke warm water.
PB Banana Blueberry Mugcake
Who doesn’t love cake? I know I do! And what if I told you; you can eat this cake everyday if you want too. And still don’t need to worry about the calories or anything. You want this right? Well go read on quick then, so you can make this mugcake!
- 1 Banana
- 40 gr Oatmeal
- ½ tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Peanut/Nut butter
- Pinch of Salt
- 15 Blueberries
- Mash the banana in a big bowl.
- Add all the ingredients except for the blueberries.
- Grease a mug/small cake form.
- Put in some blueberries and pour in half of the batter.
- Add more blueberries and pour rest of the batter on top. Push the remaining blueberries in the batter.
- Bake for 15 min on 200 degrees Celsius in the airfryer. (Oven: 15-20 min 200 degrees Celsius)
- Top off with fresh blueberries, hemp seeds and peanut/nutbutter.
You’re ready to eat your cake!