Who doesn’t love chocolate mousse? Well I didn’t before I made this recipe haha. You will probably ask yourself; why in the hell did I make this recipe. This is because I know my boyfriend likes chocolate mousse, so I wanted to surprise him with this. And also make a recipe I could eat. So that’s the reason this recipe was born.
And lucky for you it’s an easy recipe as well. You will only need 3 ingredients or maybe 4 if you want too. And normally I will have these ingredients in the pantry like all the time. Maybe you as well, so you can make this chocolate mousse right away and have a delicious dessert for this evening. You never know!
- 110 gr Dark chocolate
- 1 can Chickpeas (only use liquid)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 tsp Maple syrup
- Melt the chocolate au bain marie or in the microwave. Let it cool off a bit.
- In the meanwhile drain the chickpeas and catch the liquid (aquafaba) in a bowl. Whip this with a hand or stand mixer until stiff peaks will form. It will take some time, so please have patience.
- Add the chocolate to the bowl and fold in really carefully, don’t overwork it.
- Add in the vanilla extract and maple syrup if using. Fold in until just combined.
- Divide between 3 bowls and let it set in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours.
- When ready to serve, get out the fridge and sprinkle with some salt and nuts.