Yes, finally it’s back. Pumpkin season! I’m so happy; I’m a real pumpkin lover. When these beautiful, delicious orange vegetables are in store, they’re in my pantry for sure! I will eat if for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even as a snack. Not all on one day of course. This is one of my snack recipes with pumpkin and if I must say so myself; it worked out pretty good.
I badly wanted to bake something with pumpkin, but not the ‘usual’ pumpkin bread. So after trying and thinking, I finally came up with this recipe. And like I said before, it’s a pretty good one. Chocolate combines pretty close to perfect with pumpkin. Well, I must say; I think chocolate goes almost with everything. And this recipe is healthy as well, so you can eat this everyday without ‘feeling guilty’.
- 2 Flax eggs
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 230 gr Pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 100 gr Oat flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp ‘Cookie and speculaas spices’ (cinnamon)
- Pinch of salt
- 15 gr Dark chocolate (chips)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- Make the flax eggs: Put 2 tbsp flaxseeds in a bowl with 5-6 tbsp water and let it sit.
- Melt the coconut oil en put in a bowl together with the pumpkin puree and the maple syrup. Add in the flax eggs and mix.
- Add in the oat flour, baking powder, spices and salt and mix until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease an oven save dish and put in the mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 min.
Try not to eat it all in once, they’re delicious!