Yes it’s almost 5 December and in Holland it means we have a holiday. It’s called ‘Sinterklaas’. Were you can eat as much ‘pepernoten’ as you can/want. No just kidding, but for me a holiday always means food. There’s always some food related to that specific holiday, so more reasons for me to make something with it.
I was thinking; can I blend it and use it as flour for something?! And I thought why not make pancakes with it? I think it is one of my best ideas ever! It’s so good. You are gonna be happy I sometimes have brain farts like this.
- 1 Flax egg
- 50 gr ‘Pepernoten’
- 50 gr Oatmeal
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 130 ml Almond milk
- 50 gr Vegan quark
- Make flax egg: put 1 tbsp flaxseed in a bowl with 2-3 tbsp water and let it sit.
- Put the ‘pepernoten’ and the oatmeal in a blender and blend until it resembles flour. Put in a big mixing bowl
- Mix in the baking powder and soda.
- Add the almond milk, quark and the flax egg and mix it all together.
- Heat up a skillet and put a little bit of oil in the pan.
- Scoop 1 spoon of the mixture in the pan and bake until the top starts to bubble and look dry. Flip it over and bake for another 2 minutes
- Repeat with rest of the batter.
Stack all the pancakes and top with more vegan quark, banana slices, peanut butter and crushed ‘pepernoten’!