Welcome back to Skin Food Sunday! This week we are talking all things Green tea. It is my absolute favorite; I drink it almost every day. It has huge healing benefits for the body such as helping with digestion and inflammation. When it comes to skin health, green tea has been found to delay the signs of ageing and protect the skin from harmful UV rays. Read on for more green tea skin benefits.
Green tea is full of antioxidants. Antioxidants protect our skin cells from damage such as fine lines, wrinkles, sunspots and sagging skin.
The anti-bacterial agents in green tea help to fight acne causing bacteria and they help to regulate hormonal imbalances. This results in less irritation and redness within the skin.
3. Improves skin complexion:
Green tea helps to flush toxins out of the skin, healing breakouts and increasing the skins elasticity.
Reduce large pores and keep skin hydrated. Let a cup of green tea set and once cool down apply to cotton pads and wipe over face after cleansing. Leaves your skin with a healthy glow.
Green Tea Muffins:
I love green tea, but I only drink it. I’ve never made a recipe with it before, so I had to think really hard what to do with it. If you don’t like the taste of green tea, you’re gonna love this one. It doesn’t have the distinct flavor of green tea, but it contains all the benefits.
Serving: 8 muffins
- 250 ml Green tea (Clipper Chai Green Tea)
- 2 Flax eggs
- 200 gr Flour
- 1,5 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Boil some water, pour in a cup, put in the tea bag and let it brew for 5 minutes.
- Make the flax eggs: put 2 tbsp flaxseeds in a bowl with 5-6 tbsp water and let it sit.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a big bowl.
- Make sure the tea is cooled off a bit. Add the maple syrup to the cup of tea and stir until it is dissolved.
- Add the tea mix and the vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix until it’s fully incorporated.
- Line 8 muffin tins on an oven tray and divide the batter over the tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
And your healthy green tea muffins are ready.