Quesadillas are even better than tortilla’s. Why? ‘Cause there’s melted cheese in them! And yes as a vegan it’s still possible to eat cheese. There are so many options nowadays. So it was more than obvious that I needed to make quesadillas!
And I’ve found even a healthier way to eat these! Use the carrot tortillas from No Fairytales. They contain a good amount of veggies, so don’t even know you’re already eating veggies! But of course I’ve put even more veggies in it, so you can eat these every day if you want to.
- 2 Carrot tortillas (No Fairytales)
- 2 tbsp Hummus
- 1 Sweet Pepper
- ½ Zucchini
- 75 gr Black Beans
- 75 gr Chickpeas
- Vegan Cheese (grated)
- Heat up a grill.
- Spread the hummus on half of both of the tortillas.
- Slice the sweet pepper in 4 pieces; make sure to get out all the seeds. Divide the pieces on the 2 tortillas and lay on top of the hummus.
- Coin the zucchini and lay on top of the sweet pepper pieces.
- Divide the black beans and chickpeas between the two tortillas and sprinkle a good amount of cheese on top. Fold the two tortillas in half, with the filling on the bottom.
- Put between grill, mine is small. So I can only put 1 in between. Wait till the cheese is melted and you’ve some grill stripes on the tortilla.
And that’s how you make delicious healthy quesadillas.