I was thinking about what recipes I could make for Christmas. And then my mom came with a beetroot pancake mix from Bio Today. So my instant reaction was: now I know exactly what to make for Christmas. It would be fun to make a big stack of red pancakes and some green added to it!
I finally had the time to bake these pancakes. They turned out to be more of a light reddish color, instead of the bright red/pink color I had in mind. So I wanted to make it a bit more festive and I think I did a pretty good job at it. Oh and they’re delicious too, lets not forget about that!
- 2 flax eggs
- 200 gr Bio Today pancake mix (beetroot)
- Pinch of salt
- 150 ml Almond milk
- 150 ml Water
- Vegan quark
- Freeze-dried raspberries
- Sunflower seeds
- Begin with making the flax eggs: put 2 tbsp flaxseed in a bowl with 5-6 tbsp water and let it sit.
- Put the pancake mix and salt in a big bowl and mix.
- Add in the almond milk and water and mix until it’s fully incorporated.
- Fold in the flax eggs.
- Heat up a skillet and put in a spoonful of the pancake batter. Let it bake for a couple of minutes, until the top start to look a little bit dry. Flip over and bake for another minute or two.
- Repeat with rest of the batter.
Want to plate it up like this? Put a spoonful of quark on top of every pancake and make a stack, put on some fresh raspberries, crumble some freeze-dries raspberries over the top. Finish with a sprinkle of sunflower seeds and two fresh mint leaves.