Here we are again with Skin Food Sunday! This time we are talking all about tomatoes and their amazing health benefits for the skin. They are the easiest food to snack on and full of skin loving ingredients such as vitamin A and C. Read on to see why you need to eat more of them.
Tomatoes contain vitamin A, which helps to normalize skin cells. Vitamin A is a very important ingredient in the regeneration of the skin.
The vitamin C in tomatoes helps to stimulate your collagen production, therefore brightening and plumping the skin from within.
Tomatoes contain lycopene which are phytochemicals that protect the skin from free radical damage such as UV rays. UV rays are the most damaging to our skin causing fine lines, wrinkles and pigmentation.
The vitamins A + C help to balance out the skin and help to get rid of excess oil which can lead to breakouts.
Avocado Tomato Caprese Salad
This is a pretty good snack if you’re tired of snacking just on tomatoes. Avocado and tomato are a perfect combination, put a little bit of pepper and salt on it. And you’re ready to go. I added a little bit of basil to make it more of a caprese salad. Much more fancier snack than just veggies.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- Fresh Basil
- Pepper & Salt
- Cut the tomatoes in thin slices, about the same size. And cut these slices in half.
- Slice the avocado in half vertically and remove the pit. Slice the avocado and scoop out with a spoon.
- Put the slices of tomato and avocado alternately on a plate.
- Cut the fresh basil leaves in small pieces and divide over the tomato and avocado.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top of it.
And your fancy snack is ready to be eaten.