Welcome back to the first Skin Food Sunday post of 2018. This week we are talking about Olive Oil and its super benefits for the skin. There is so much more to just cooking with it you can use it for a lot of things on your skin. Olive oil is packed with anti ageing antioxidants and hydrating ingredients.
Olive Oil uses for your skin:
- Pre cleanser:
As a first cleanse in the PM to remove makeup, dirt and grime from the skin. Rinse off with luke warm water and follow with a gel cleanser.
Once a week its good to do a facial massage to increase circulation and lymphatic drainage in the skin.
Use x1 week as a night moisturiser to hydrate and nourish the skin. Avoid if you are a acne, oily skin type.
For skin on body and dry lips. Mix with sugar and scrub away dead skin cell build up.
Tomato Olive Oil Bruschetta
I had to think real hard for a recipe that has olive oil as the hero of the dish. I use olive oil all the time in my cooking, but I’ve not made a dish around this ingredient. But you can really taste the olive oil in these bruschetta’s, so use a ‘good’ olive oil! Delicious as a snack or as a side dish.
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil (divided)
- Pepper & Salt
- 6 Slices French bread
- 1 Clove of garlic
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tomatoes and half a table spoon olive oil in a oven save dish, sprinkle some pepper and salt on top. Roast for 15 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are coolin off, drizzle bread slices with the remaining olive oil. Put in the oven for 5 minutes.
- When the bread slices are done, slice the garlic clove in half and rub on one side of the bread slices
- Cut up the tomatoes and divide over the bread slices. Top with some basil.
And you can enjoy your tomato olive oil bruschetta.